<body> The new old. <body>


❤ August 16, 2012

This week is my last week of holidays (technically it was last week but well I self-declared) and I'm actually very happy with myself, learning so many things this holiday.. well most of the things I learned are also based on my interests. I've learned how to bake cookies because I just feel like having them, learn how to make themes, both Android and Apple devices, making and editting the icons of apps, customizing status bar - stock icons, fonts for Samsung devices (I'm not too sure about others devices, but if your devices can use an apk font and you want a specific font which you can't find around, do inform me, I'll help you out xx), root my Android devices, jailbreak on my own, upgraded my phone since I can't do it on kies, upgraded to ics then downgrade it back to gb, I know who uses gb today right? But I have to say I love the interface better than ics for tablets..

Definitely an enjoying journey to the theming world. I thank all the themers who I have always been talking to, for making me realize that my interest is actually possible. People see it as wasting time, but its actually fulfilling to be able to do sth I love. xx

To be honest, its much easier to theme on Apple devices. Because you're not changing it technically.. You're just resurfacing the new icon over the original and its done by the system, not you. Unlike Android where you have to dig out the specific files which are the reason behind why your device turns on. And with just one mistake in the image, your device can even be turned on anymore. That's how risky it was. Once, my tablet can't turned on as I was trying out the stock battery icon for the first time. I have to say that it is my fault, I didn't do it properly.. and I have to restore everything back - my apps, themes, settings, everything! However, with the support of friends and phrases like - "no pain no gain" I tried again. This time I'm actually mentally prepared for my tablet to die again.. but it didn't and it made me feel very very happy! I succeed in changing everything I wanted!

As for now, this is how my tablet looks like :)


Panda - downloads
Piyo piyo - app protector
Bubble percentage - percentage
Ribbon - battery safe mode
Kitty - Task Manager
Day/date icon
Frog - Bluetooth
Ice cream - silent mode
Rainbow - Wifi signals
Battery icon

I'll probably be adding a few more stock icons such as my usb icons, etc

So overall, this is how it looks like. I was thinking of changing the color of the status bar, but I don't know what color, I'm afraid if the color tone is not suitable for my theme, guess I'll stick to black for the time being..

And I apologize, I won't be sharing my theme just yet. I created this theme specially for my tablet.. but I'll probably will share it one day.. :)


And I'll be making another wallpaper tonight for my lockscreen.. Haven't got any ideas just yet..

Alot says that this would be easy for me for I study IT, to be honest, whatever I'm doing and whatever I've learned in school, has got nothing to do with one another, in fact they're not even related, not even close. I love and enjoying doing this because I love customizing my devices very much.. That's the reason why I chose Android over Apple devices because you have to be jailbroken in order to customize and make them pretty while Android, you can customize even without having to root, well unless you intend to change the status bar icons, fonts and taking screenshots (on some devices like my tablet don't have these features, only certain brands and hardwares do)

I'm just taking chances, but now that I succeed in everything I want and intend to do, I'll definitely will do more customization as this is what I love doing! However, since school is taking up most of my time starting from next week, I doubt I'll be theming as much, probably just by requests or mainly its for myself whenever I feel like doing themes.

Once again, thank you to my friends, boyfriend and family who have constantly tell me to try do it if I really want to do it, although boyfriend always claimed I have itchy hands, changing the things which is not supposed to be changed HAHA afterall, not all themes and ROMs can please you, so lets do it ourselves. ;) Also, for the themers whom I have talked to and gave me encouragement to try, and even share my blog if I were to really make up my mind to be part of them (to be honest, I don't have the confidence to venture just yet, I'm afraid if people won't like my themes) and also to continue doing what I love for we all share the same interest. :) Thank you. And ofc I can help whenever anyone were to need any kind of help for theming.. so long I know what's the problem haha

Labels: , , ,






0 comments

 


   




I recently graduated from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU), majoring in Computer Science. I love pink, Hello Kitty, Pooh, and I'm a VIP (Big Bang). I always mix things up but I can remember well and I'm a perfectionist. I my




Facebook Twitter" Instagram Pinterest



 photo tweets.png



 photo instagram-2.png photo IG.png




Hafilah     Shi Li    









Check the sales!
iPhone 5 cases sales!












web counter